Gambling do: What you should do
- Before you start play set your budget limit and stick to it. Set also your profit target amount and make it reasonable.
- Watch how your bet is placed by dealers, they do make mistakes.
- Leave while ahead. The feeling is great and you are likely to win again next time.
- If you lose your set limit and cannot bear to watch others gamble, leave.
- Never borrow money to gamble and don't lend either. Lending money to a friend who is losing badly is a sure way of losing him - and probably the lent money too.
- Always keep a low profile, whether you are winning or losing.
- Do your homework before you gamble online, not after. Read the rules, check the terms on bonuses and cashing out, in particular.
- Check the customer service response before you sign up with an online casino. Make a phonecall or send them an email with a question and see how long it takes them to reply.
- Check if the online casino is a member of a known association. This won't be a guarantee, but it surely reduces the risk of being let down.
- Be suspicious of anything that sounds to good too be true. It probably is.
- Learn money management, it is more important than the game itself.
- If you suspect you have a gambling problem, contact Gamblers Anonymous.
Submitted by visitors
- Always bet part rows of chips, maintain whole rows. eg the initial row (kitty row stacked in stacks of 10 chips), winnings are stacked in front of this, as each winning row is completed it is "safe" and can't be touched. You bet only with the next partial row. Once gone, cash up and leave. Take a break and start again for a new session with another kitty. Envelope your profits and don't touch.
- When playing Poker, take a break of at least three hands after a bad beat to avoid tilting.
- Your bankroll should be between 10 and 20 times your average bet.
- Over a period of several weeks, average out your wins and set a reasonable goal for how much you can win and leave when you achieve that goal.
- Learn to play poker. Poker is really skill and experience, and a little bit of luck. You can bet as you like just remember you can only lose what's in the pot.
- Tipping dealers; don't wait till it's time to go, they appreciate the try. You might get better attention in your favor for a comp, mistake, or just a bad hand. They don't get rich unless you do. Dealers are pretty darn honest, if they say it's going bad then don't play.
- Be sure to tip servers, slot techs and cashiers, providing the service is good. These people work hard in a stressful environment and don't make high wages.
- Watch Teller Cages for line ups. This is a good indication whether slots are loose or tight.
- Apply the common 'three strike' rule: if you lose three hands in a row, find a new table. This doesn't apply to slots or dice games.
- When tipping dealers in most games, there is usually a place on the table to bet a hand for them. If your hand wins, their tip multiplies; if it doesn't they appreciate the gesture much more than a buck or two as you leave.
Great gambling site
Use the "Main Menu" on the right margin to explore this site. This is a great comprehensive gambling website with advice on winning, how to gamble, betting strategies, gamblers information and tips, world land-based casinos directory and the primary listing of the best online casinos.
Topics covered include game rules, how to play, how to win, winning strategy, betting systems, gambling tips, glossary (terminology), on: Blackjack, Roulette, Poker classic and variants, Craps, Slots and Videopoker, Baccarat, Keno, Lottery, Powerball, Bingo, Sports betting, Horse racing, Greyhound racing, and other new games.
This is the gambling website with lots of information and resources as well as helpful advice and frequent updates thanks to your helpful feedback.
Live poker sites
Search il dado
Ask il dado
Join il dado
Rate il dado
About il dado
Contact il dado
Home ¬ Start here!
Handy jump links