Other Games (Main Index)
Spanish 21 is a variation of blackjack with more liberal rules but played without tens in the deck. All face cards are still used. Six Spanish decks of cards are normally used.
Taking the tens out of play is disadvantageous to the player as a deck of cards with more small cards favors the dealer. To compensate for this, the rules are enhanced to favor the player in some instances, as follows:
- A player 21 always beats a dealer 21.
- A five card 21 pays 3:2.
- A six card 21 pays 2:1.
- A seven or more card 21 pays 3:1.
- A 21 consisting of a 6, 7, and 8 of mixed suits pays 3:2.
- A 21 consisting of a 6, 7, and 8 of matching suit pays 2:1.
- A 21 consisting of a 6, 7, and 8 of spades pays 3:1.
- A 21 consisting of three 7's of mixed suits pays 3:2.
- A 21 consisting of three 7's of matching suits 2:1.
- A 21 consisting of three 7's of spades pays 3:1.
- Dealer usually hits a soft 17, stands on hard 17.
- Player may double after splits.
- Player may resplit up to three times, including aces.
- Player may draw and double down to split aces.
- Player may double on any number of cards.
- Double down rescue allows player to take back doubled portion of bet and forfeit the original wager.
- Late surrender is allowed. In other words the player may pull out of a hand by forfeiting half his bet, but only if the dealer does not have a blackjack.
- Three suited 7's in addition to the dealer having any 7 face up pays $1000 for bets between $5 and $24, and pays $5000 for bets of $25 and over. In addition all other players get a bonus of $50. Bonus hands do not count if it is the result of doubling.
House advantage just under 1%
Other Games (Main Index)
Great gambling information site
Use the "Main Menu" on the right margin to explore this site. This is a comprehensive great gambling information site with advice on winning, how to gamble, betting strategy, listing the best online casinos and world land-based casinos directory.
Topics covered include game summary, rules, how to play, how to win, game strategy, betting systems, gambling tips, on: Blackjack, Roulette, Poker classic and variants such as Texas Hold'em poker, Craps/Dice, Slots and Videopoker, Baccarat, Keno, Lottery, Powerball, Bingo, Sports betting, Horse racing and Greyhound racing, and other casino games.
This is the gambling website with lots of information and resources as well as helpful advice and frequent updates thanks to your helpful feedback.